CNC Programming, Setup and Operation
16 weeks, 96 hours
This hands-on course provides training in programming, setup and operation of computerized numerical controlled machines. Instruction will be given for both CNC mill (vertical machining center) and CNC lathe (turning center).
Students will be able to:
• Setup, operate and troubleshoot various production problems on CNC machines.
• Explain functions of the machine tool and its position movements.
• Conduct tool change activities and operational sequences.
• Write specific programs for CNC machines.
• Calculate speeds and feeds for the machining process.
• Verify and edit a CNC program on an actual machine tool.
• Manufacture parts per print in a machine shop environment.
Job title(s): CNC machine set-up and operator, CNC machine programmer.