We are looking for a Tool Maker with experience in CNC Machining and Programming. This is a hands-on position.
This position offers a hire-on bonus of $2000!
No waiting period for benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability from Day 1!
Acme Industries in Elk Grove Village is seeking an experienced Tool Maker to join our team. You will work with our engineering and production personnel to design, rework and produce custom tools. With the right skill sets, you will work independently as a key contributor to our business. Typical hours are Monday - Friday, 6:00am to 4:30pm. Must be available for overtime including weekends and during peak production times. This position offers a full benefits package including immediate health coverage.
- Perform manual machine operations to construct, alter and repair intricately designed and constructed tool, fixtures, machine attachments, and mechanisms.
- High degree of skill, creativity, and an extensive knowledge of tooling practice and application.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Work with Engineering and production personnel to design/rework/produce custom tools.
- Be able to Design, craft and conventionalize tools.
- Experience with manual machines: Bridgeport, Engine Lathe, Grinding machines (Bench and Surface).
- Experience with CNC machines and some programming for vertical & horizontal machining centers.
The Right Person/What we need from you:
- Requires a high school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Five or more years of work experience in a similar toolmaking position is required.
- Broad knowledge of CNC machine tool operating procedures is a plus.
- Cad software capabilities is a plus.
- Ability to apply recognized procedures where tolerances are close.
- Blueprint reading ability.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Basic computer skills a plus.
What you get from us:
*We offer immediate health benefits (1st Day of Employment): medical, dental and vision insurance
*FREE short term and long-term disability and life insurance starting from 1st day of employment
*Hire on Bonus
*401k with company match
*Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
*Employee assistance program
*Gain sharing bonuses
*Clean, and safe manufacturing facility
*Quarterly Food/Treats (Food Truck, Ice Cream, etc.)
All About Acme:
Acme Industries is an ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100:D certified successful manufacturing/machining organization working with top notch OEM's. In business since 1948 and serving markets such as transportation, aerospace, defense, mining, and energy. Our customers choose Acme Industries to act as their manufacturing partner because of our superior ability to optimize supply chain and technical support for machined parts, assemblies, and components. Acme's team of experts works with every customer to develop creative solutions for their particular manufacturing challenge.
We love to see our employees smile. Whether it is from our fun employee giveaways, raffles, company treats, special holiday treats or the rewarding feeling of participating in our philanthropy projects. Acme wants you to enjoy your job here and feel appreciated. Come be a part of our Awesome team and watch how your career can grow!
Acme Industries is a great place to work, our preferred method is to complete an application on our website: www.acmeind.com/careers/