About Big Bolt: Established in 1977 and headquartered in Bloomingdale, IL, Big Bolt LLC is an ISO9001 certified specialty fastener manufacturer. Big Bolt focuses on providing non-standard parts – parts you would not find “off the shelf” – to its customers in market leading turnaround times. We are passionate about providing high quality custom products and exceptional service to our customers, and we are looking to hire a Quality Inspector.
Job Summary: Big Bolt is looking for a top tier candidate to fill an immediate need. Under direction of the Quality Manager, the responsibilities of Quality Inspector include using a variety of testing tools, for inspecting and testing a predetermined sample to confirm purchased raw materials, products manufactured, and product being returned from outside services meet specifications. This job is for an associate who has strong attention to detail and a can work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
(We are offering a $1000 sign on bonus)
· Conduct receiving, in-process, and final inspection of product dimensional properties including length and diameter to confirm compliance to specifications.
· Ensure the comprehensive evaluation of all parts manufactured by performing required checks.
· Effectively use references and resources (reference / cheat sheets, etc.).
· Communicate to various departments any issues associated with products that do not meet standards
· Log and track results per company requirements using a computer and proprietary software.
• High school degree or GED
• Basic math skills
• Ability to operate, clean and maintain hand and measuring tools
• Attention to detail