Perform duties to program using feature cam, set up, operate and repair vertical machining centers 4 axis and CNC lathes. Plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of fixtures and tools. Work from existing programs, equipment manuals, prints, work orders and instructions.
Second Shift hours 3pm - 11:30pm
- Modify, edit and troubleshoot programs as required.
- Work with engineering personnel and operators to coordinate machining of work pieces.
- Set up equipment using common hand tools, set controls and input program instructions to get maximum capacity out of equipment.
- Insert and indicate in tooling, modify programs as necessary and operate equipment.
- Run test samples and check with required tooling as necessary, monitor equipment operation and make operating adjustments as required.
- Gauge finished work piece to ensure part is within tolerances.
- Finish work piece using grinders, mills, EDM, and honing equipment.
- Repair and maintain equipment, including troubleshooting electronic system and perform operating tests.
- Clean and put away precision measuring and electronic testing equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment as necessary, use correct type and amount of lubrication and apply lubricants neatly.
- Fill out parts requisitions, tool requests, and other required paperwork.
- Follow all written quality and other procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience Setting up and running CNC Mills and or Lathes
- Feature Cam programming knowledge and a plus
- Knowledge of basic machine skills (such as lathes, grinders, EDM sinkers, mills)
- CAD/CAM knowledge is helpful but not required
- Able to read micrometer, gauges and comparator. Also able to read blueprints.
- Proven mechanical ability (Mechanical aptitude test will be required)
- Good computer skills and math skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Good organization skills; able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self motivated; proactive in improving processes and anticipating needs/problems
- Team player; able to work well with a wide variety of people
- Quality and safety focused
- Able to read and write fluently in English
- Must be willing to work some overtime
CV-Tek is an Equal Opportunity Employer