We are looking for a Beam Saw Operator For Woodworking to set up, maintain and operate TECTRA 6120 Series.
Marfa Cabinets Inc ([www.marfacabinets.com]() is a Semi-Custom Kitchen Manufacturer with a focus on e-commerce, located in Des Plaines, IL We are a fast-growing company, and this is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to grow. We are a two-second lean company utilizing Lean Manufacturing Principals. We are looking for someone that is stable, reliable, responsible and looking for a long-lasting career.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have the willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Read and understand the specifications and drawings.
- Determine correct setups as determined from drawings.
- Selection and proper setup of cutting tools.
- Run test part to check setup accuracy to match the part to specifications.
- Run the machine in an efficient manner to produce parts needed to the quality standards required.
- Material handling as needed to perform operations on material and to move material to the next station as determined by the part flow.
- Utilize all safety equipment and precautions for the position.
- Complete all required paperwork (ex.- timesheets, quality control report forms, etc.).
- Perform daily cleanups on all areas of the machine and work area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six months or more of on the job training under the direction of an experienced operator.
- Knowledge of Basic Math.
- Must know when to make tooling changes, how to maintain the sets of blades, and ensure that dull sets are turned in to be sharpened.
- Understand the full capabilities and limitations of the equipment.
- Complete demonstrated knowledge of the lockout/Tagout procedures for this machine
- Skilled in troubleshooting equipment to determine problems and discerning when the machinery requires the attention of Maintenance.
- Complete working knowledge of the panel saw operation.
- Ability to read an English ruler to 1/32” and a metric ruler to 1 mm.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and specifications accurately.
- Ability to stand for an entire shift.
- Lift 20 pounds.
- Push 10 pounds.
- Pull 10 pounds.
- Grasp frequently/ constantly.
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical troubleshooting
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Measurement Gauges