Confidential Chicagoland Northwestern Suburbs Illinois, United States
Job Title: CNC Programmer/Operator
Reports To: Woodshop Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Position Overview: CNC Programmer/Operator responsible for programming and running CNC machines, reading and interpreting technical blueprints, inputting design specifications, adjusting the machine cutting paths and performing quality checks on the final product in coordination with other positions. This position may also be required to perform routine machine maintenance and troubleshoot any issues that arise during the manufacturing process.
- Operate and program CNC machines in a safe manner using Solidworks & SolidCam, producing product and meeting Quality and Production expectations set forth by management.
- Develop processes and programs for parts to be machined.
- Analyze the lifetime of the tools to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required for CNC programming.
- Complete dimensional checks and dimensional reports as required.
- Report any maintenance issues to Woodshop Supervisor.
- Utilize continuous improvement of processes to optimize existing programs, decrease cycle times and improve quality
- Clean and maintain CNC machines, tools and work area.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machining processes as they arise.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proven experience as CNC Machine Operator
- Experience with Fanuc controllers a plus
- Ability to interpret customer drawings, work instructions, in-process control plans.
- Basic measuring tool skills: Caliper & Micrometer
- Strong trouble shooting ability with speeds and feeds, work holding, tool selection and machining approach.
- Understanding of GD&T a plus.