Tibor Machine Products is a leader in the contract machining industry. As one of the Midwest’s largest machining companies, Tibor Machine Products can handle volumes from prototype to production.
We are currently seeking a CNC Lathe and/or Machining Center Operator to join our team in Bridgeview, IL.
Works with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal. May operate other machinery to include horizontal boringmill, CNC vertical and horizontal lathes.
- Performs layouts, sets up, machine tools as required.
- Review blueprints, drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations and/or set up requirements.
- Reads and interprets all drawings, including geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Measure, mark and otherwise indicate the dimensions and reference points on the part or material to be used as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines to include mills, lathes and grinders.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate various machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect any malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust the machine controls as necessary.
- Verify conformance of finished part to ensure that it meets specifications.
- Improves methods for higher quality and improved costs.
- Assist maintenance in diagnosis, repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other duties within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Completion of a machinist apprentice program or equivalent training
- Programing is a plus
- Familiarity with Mori Seki, Okuma and Haas machines a plus.
- Ability to hold close tolerances and conduct component inspections.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively set up and operate all or at least most, of the machines.
- Ability to perform with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of tool geometry and application.
- Working knowledge of effects of feeds and speeds.
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to work overtime as required
Pay commensurate with experience. Tibor offers health, dental and vision insurance along with 401k plan with employer match.