The CNC Machinist (I, II) is responsible for the machining of products in order to meet customer specifications. The CNC machinist will be responsible for the set-up and operation of several different types of CNC machines.
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Ability to operate and perform light set-ups.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/drawings and related technical data.
- Ability to perform minor preventative maintenance when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and safe work environment.
- Receive daily instructions from Lead/Supervisor and plan day accordingly using the “Shop Floor Control System”.
- Responsible for understanding Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) and adhering to ISO standards.
- Responsible for making a constant effort in improving set-up and delivery times while maintaining quality.
- Assuring program and process accuracy by checking machined features to print specifications
- Must have proven skill to set up and operate machine centers.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor or programmer to resolve any issues or document problems
- Clock in and off operations according to sequence number of the work order.
- Check parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper gauges.
- Work in teams to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality assurance checks of work
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Interact with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma or GED. Preferably a Journeyman’s card/Four-year apprenticeship program.
- Must own tools supply for daily tasks (i.e. micrometers, indicators, edge finders, etc.)
- Four years’ experience either in a production or job shop environment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and work order instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to take verbal and written instructions and work from handmade sketches.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be able to lift and lower 30-50 lbs.
- First Shift Available
- 2nd Shift Available