The CNC Machinist will set up and operate engine lathe and accessories to perform a variety of operations on rolls and other parts to meet quality assurance requirements.
The right candidate will:
- Ability to set up and operate both CNC and manual machinery for use in metal working applications.
- Complete SOP travelers and document daily activities.
- Interpret assembly and blue prints drawings.
- Follow proper safety precautions.
- Must be courteous and work well with others.
- Ability to properly rig heavy machinery and equipment for use with overhead crane.
- Ability to train new or other employees to perform same job responsibilities
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Drug free, safety minded and maintain an excellent attendance record
What you'll need:
- Converting metric and standard measurements.
- Basic Trigonometry functions.
- Ability to use and read precise measuring tools.
- Ability to learn and understand critical processes and operations in assigned areas.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
What we offer:
Competitive compensation, medical/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday time, 401K with a company match, training, a tuition reimbursement program and more!
What we do:
SMS group is the leading partner in the world of metals. We are an original equipment supplier offering comprehensive maintenance and spare part services for metals production, continuous casting and rolling (flat and long products), tubes, welded pipes, forging, non-ferrous technology, and heat treatment plants - all from a single source.
SMS group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, gender identity or other categories protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and physical capacity profile test.