GCM is a premier, global tier-1 provider of outsourced high-precision manufacturing solutions to MedTech, Aerospace, and other demanding industrial end market applications. GCM has established long-term, entrenched relationships with world-class, market leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (“OEMs”) in high-growth, high-tech medical equipment segments, including robotic surgery and radiotherapy.
GCM offers customers a comprehensive set of capabilities and service offerings across a wide range of materials (metals, non-metals, exotics) including engineering, process development, high-precision manufacturing, joining technologies, automated sheet metal fabrication, and precision assembly. The Company is headquartered in the Western U.S. and operates three sophisticated and scalable facilities in the U.S. and China. GCM’s ability to serve mission-critical end-markets characterized by low-to-medium volume demand streams, engineering-first mindset, global geographic footprint, and broad capability offering creates highly sustainable competitive advantages.
GCM is currently seeking Full-Time CNC Machine Operators responsible for the machining of products in order to meet customer specifications. The CNC machinists will be responsible for the set-up and operation of several different types of CNC machines.
- Must be a team player as measured by his/her peers.
- Ability to operate and perform light set-ups.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/drawings and related technical data.
- Ability to perform minor preventative maintenance when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, neat and safe work environment.
- Receive daily instructions from Lead/Supervisor and plan day accordingly using the “Shop Floor Control System”.
- Responsible for understanding Company’s Quality Management System (QMS) and adhering to ISO standards.
- Responsible for making a constant effort in improving set-up and delivery times while maintaining quality.
- Assuring program and process accuracy by checking machined features to print specifications
- Must have proven skill to set up and operate machine centers.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor or programmer to resolve any issues or document problems
- Clock in and off operations according to sequence number of the work order.
- Check parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper gauges.
- Work in teams to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality assurance checks of work
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Interact with organizational team members and other departments in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma or GED. Preferably a Journeyman’s card/Four-year apprenticeship program.
- Must own tools supply for daily tasks (i.e. micrometers, indicators, edge finders, etc.)
- Four years’ experience either in a production or job shop environment.
- Read and interpret blueprints and work order instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to take verbal and written instructions and work from handmade sketches.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- COVID Sick Leave
- 401K with Matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- LTD, STD
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Manufacturing Bonus Plan
- Must be able to lift and lower 30-50 lbs.
- 1st Shift hours- 6AM-2:30PM or 7AM-3:30PM
- 2nd Shift hours - 2PM-10:30PM or 4:00PM-12:30AM