Opening for a permanent, full-time CNC machinist to produce machined parts for mechanical power transmission company in Franklin Park, Illinois by programming, setting up, and operating a variety of CNC machines including lathes, mill turn machines, wire EDM machines, as well as gear hobbing/shaping machines.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Program multi-axis turning machines by entering instructions (G&M code), including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Set-up machines by installing workholding (jaws and collets), all tool holders and tools.
- Safely operate a variety of material handling equipment.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, adhering to standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, milling and cutting, including turning, facing, tapping operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Document actions by completing production logs.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Qualification requirements:
- Conceptual skills
- Process development and improvement
- Verbal communication
- Functional and technical skills
- G&M code programming
- Controls and instrumentation
- Computer skills
- Supply management
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgment
- Experience with Fanuc and OSP controls
- Must have at least 2 years of CNC machining experience
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.A.
- Mechanically inclined
- Eager to learn
- Takes direction well
- Team orientated
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Must pass a drug test prior to any formal employment offer
- Pay dependent upon experience and skill level
- Shift hours: 1:30 PM to 10:00 PM
- Employment type: Full-time Regular
- Hours per week: 40
- Overtime available: Yes
- On-the-job training: Yes
- PPO/POS medical plan
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Contributing 401K
*Benefits subject to change