We are adding to our staff!!
Illiana Precision Machining is searching for an experienced CNC Machinist with 3-5 years’ experience in setup and operation of Haas CNC Lathes and Vertical Milling centers. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of conversational programming and the ability to write and edit G & M Code in the Haas control environment. In addition to a strong CNC background, setup and operation of manual lathes, vertical and horizontal mills and other typical machine shop equipment is a plus. Candidates for this position will have current and relevant experience in CNC machining and manual machining with the primary emphasis more on CNC machining.
Attention to detail, quality and pride in workmanship is of utmost importance.
Pay rate of $27 to $30, commensurate on experience.
We are also offering a signing bonus to the right candidate (conditions apply).
- High School diploma or GED with strong math and problem-solving skills are essential. Trade school certificate or degree is preferred.
- Mechanically inclined individual with a minimum 3 to 5 years CNC machining experience. Experience on Haas equipment is preferred.
- Preferred current experience operating CNC mills and lathes.
- Able to create parts/components from drawings, sketches and verbal direction with minimal supervision.
- Lift and move up to 65#
- Work a 40-hour work week and overtime as required to meet customer demands. Regular hours are Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Be able to walk or stand at machinery throughout the workday.
- Tools and measuring equipment are required.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Ability to perform own layout work.
- Operate precision machinery such as lathes, vertical and horizontal mills, drill press, hydraulic and arbor presses, band saw and other general machine shop cutting tools and equipment
- Select, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on lathes, mills and other shop equipment.
- Calculate and set machine controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut during the machining process to achieve quality finishes and dimensions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and creatively resolve unique machining challenges.
- Use gauges and measuring instruments to meet required tolerances.
- Verifies and is responsible for conformance of finished parts to specifications of the provided drawings.
- Produce high quality, tight tolerance parts.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a clean and organized work area.