Responsible for effectively troubleshooting mechanical and electrical failures on CNC Equipment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: No direct supervisory responsibility
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and maintain all policies of the company including but not limited to ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Understanding of electrical wiring, hydraulics, and pneumatics & must be able to read schematics and parts drawings.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Capable of observing and listening to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine root cause needed for adjustment or repair.
- Capable of dismantling, replacing, reassembling, and testing machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance to all machinery in the plant. This may include; Inspecting drives, motors, and belts; check fluid levels; replace filters; and etc.
- Follow inventory program of spare parts and supplies used in maintenance department
- Check and keep building and machines safe per city, state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of CNC Manufacturers a Plus:
- DMG Mori (Lathe & Mill)
- Nakamura Tome (Lathe)
- Mazak (Lathe)
- Hass (Mills)
- Kitamura (Mill)
- Takamaz (Lathe)
- Takisawa (Lathe)
- Toyoda (Grinder)
- Perform other essential duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience and/or training with Industrial Maintenance with CNC machines.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Single lifts of up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting/Standing for the full shift (except for breaks and lunch)
- Bending at the waist and legs
- Two handed dexterities for computer use
- Eyesight needed to read
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Office Space – Climate controlled
- Industrial Space– Fans provided in summertime, but not climate controlled. Heat provided in wintertime, but facility still subject to temperature variation.
- Noisy work environment: ear plugs are available throughout facility for everyone.
- Smoke/haze due to machines operating, have floor fans and smog hogs throughout facility.
- Safety glasses are required in the shop
- Steel-toed (or equivalent) protective footwear required in manufacturing areas.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties. Please see Human Resource Manager if you need a medical or disability accommodation.
- Performing work in a manner, which meets all handbook requirements.
- Performing work in a manner, which ensures the safety of personnel, the public, and the environment.
- Performing work in a manner which follows all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate requests for corrective or preventive actions.
- Notify supervisor, manufacturing manager, and human resource manager of any safety violations or employee handbook/company policy violations
- Ability to use a computer proficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience with Maintenance Coordinator ACC a plus
- Experience with another Computerized Maintenance Management System a plus