Due to past growth and planned expansion, Axis Designs, a leader in the design-build foodservice industry, is looking for a full-time CNC Operator. Full-time benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, along with 401(k) and paid time off.
This position is responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining Axis Designs CNC equipment to efficiently machine millwork components for fabrication of fixtures. The person in this position is responsible for producing precision cut parts that are completed for the next stages of the production process.
- Set up and operate CNC equipment to efficiently and accurately process parts made of wood or composite wood materials.
- Operate CNC controls to load correct programs for cutting of millwork components.
- Read and interpret production drawings to accurately perform CNC operations.
- Identify and load correct material onto machines manually or using Ergolift equipment. Verify that specified materials are being used.
- Maintain an awareness of tooling performance and assess tool wear. Replace tooling as needed.
- Make necessary adjustments to change cutting speeds at the CNC processor. Request CAM reprogramming as necessary to control cutting speed.
- Finish cut parts, as necessary, but applying edge-banding via operation of automated banding equipment. Complete all cleanup of banded parts using approved manufacturing methods.
- Stop machines to remove finished parts or to change tooling, operating parameters, setup, or materials.
- Remove scrap and debris from work areas by operating and maintaining dust collecting equipment.
- Monitor quality of parts being produced by conducting visual and/or dimensional inspections with specified measuring tools and methods.
- Conduct maintenance of CNC and edge-banding equipment on a regular basis as specified by maintenance work instructions.
- Follow written instructions in production packets, work orders, drawings, and other production documents.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, forms, and documents to document production and quality records.
- Comply with company policies for safety, procedures and conduct rules. Use all required PPE on the job.
To apply, or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person.