Anderson Fittings is a contract manufacturer of brass fittings used in plumbing and industrial applications. In this role the responsibilities would include safely setting up, operating, and maintaining automated high speed rotary machining centers, as well as, as needed monitoring and maintaining Doosan and Mori CNC equipment. Loading forgings, set up tooling, and accurately manufacturing completed parts that meet quality standards. Primary shift could be 2nd or 3rd with move to 1st or 2nd to cover temporarily as needed. Training would begin on day shift followed by move to assigned shift, generally within 3-5 weeks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform all of the duties of the machine centers which may include, set-up, operating, replacement of drill/tools, and making needed adjustments/offsets and some programming.
- Perform regular quality checks using micrometers, calipers, and other necessary gages. Interface with computer SPC software. Diagnose and correct tooling issues if any problems arise.
- Monitor and maintain all fluid levels and perform light preventative daily maintenance. Remove and process chips, and clean out machines as necessary.
- Record and report daily product as well as any issues throughout the shift.
- Comply with appropriate housekeeping and safety regulations.
- Other assignments as requested.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with robot loaded equipment a plus.
- Computer and machine control knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with measuring devices including, micrometer, caliper, bore micrometers, etc.
- 3 year minimum of CNC experience in close tolerance machining or related coursework in the area of Precision Machine Technology or Mechanical Production Technology
Frequent standing required. Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs and frequently between 30-40 lbs.
More information about Anderson, what we do, and customers we serve can be found at www.andersonfittings.com
Please apply at https://marmon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Marmon_Careers . Search for “Anderson” click on the job and follow the instructions to apply. You may also send your resume and contact: John Gerfen 314-452-1595 / email@example.com