We are looking for a skilled CNC Machine Operator For Woodworking to set up, maintain, and operate HOLZ-HER DYNESTIC 7535. Marfa Cabinets Inc ([www.marfacabinets.com]() is a Semi-Custom Kitchen Manufacturer with a focus on e-commerce, located in Des Plaines, IL We are a fast-growing company, and this is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to grow. We are a two-second lean company utilizing Lean Manufacturing Principals. We are looking for someone that is stable, reliable, responsible and looking for a long-lasting career.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have the willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Ability to understand work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, location of surfaces and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances, and use of measuring and gauging equipment.
- Using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry to calculate offsets, make compensations establish zero and reference points, and test out the program for proving the part.
- Set-up the router by installing and adjusting appropriate tools and holders based on the job requirements.
- Loads and unloads material on the machine. Operates a forklift in a safe manner.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing and measuring critical dimensions; adjust and reprograms controls as needed; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Advises management of tooling requirements – both replacements required and special tooling for upcoming projects.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; advised Production Manager repairs are required by outside service source.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assists other production areas/employees when needed and if feasible based on current projects in the router area.
- Maintain the shop in a clean and safe manner. Shop cleaning and organization is everyone’s responsibility. It is not limited to only your work area. Keep shavings cleaned up throughout a production run.
- When pulling material from a bin or area, you are responsible for returning all material moved back to its appropriate location.
- Keep management apprised of any issues or concerns which would interfere with their ability to perform their job to the best of their ability.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of machinery and measurement tools
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; a technical degree is a plus
You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Router
- Measurement Gauges