Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With over 175 years of combined experience, 300,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented employees across the United States and Canada, we leverage our combined expertise and state of the art CNC machining capabilities to deliver quality machined parts to customers all across the globe. Our primary commitment is to provide our customers with a quality product, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Murphy Machine Products (MMP), a CMT company, is seeking a CNC Swiss Operator for our Wood Dale, IL location. The CNC Swiss Operator is responsible for producing custom precision parts by operating a multi-axis Swiss-style CNC machine. If you are looking for an organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and passion for success, Murphy Machine Products is a great place to start!
*This position works a schedule of Monday thru Thursday from 4:30pm-3:00am with required 10 hours of overtime on Friday's. Overtime on Saturday is optional.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for inspection of precision product utilizing various precision measuring and gauging tools and visual checks.
- Make offset adjustments, sharpen, change and adjust tooling, and maintain fluids.
- Check material to ensure correct material is being used per blueprint and job specifications.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and maintaining a clean and safe workstation.
- Communicate with set-up person, foreman, and other shifts regarding the quality and job status.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Previous experience operating Swiss-style CNC Machines.
- Knowledge of various materials and differences between each.
- Possess strong mathematical abilities, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to read precision gauges and visual accuracy.
- Ability to produce precision work.
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.