Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With over 175 years of combined experience, 300,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented employees across the United States and Canada, we leverage our combined expertise and state of the art CNC machining capabilities to deliver quality machined parts to customers all across the globe. Our primary commitment is to provide our customers with a quality product, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Murphy Machine Products (MMP), a CMT company, is seeking a CNC Swiss (Star) Programmer for our Wood Dale, IL location. The CNC Swiss (Star) Programmer is responsible for setting up and operating one or more Swiss CNC Machines involving intricate tooling and a wide range of unusual operations to achieve close tolerances. If you are looking for an organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and passion for success, Murphy Machine Products is a great place to start!
*This position may work either Day Shift or Night Shift. Assigned Schedule to be discussed during the interview process.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise methods of machining, select tooling and assist in the programming of new and difficult jobs to assure optimum effectiveness of the operational sequence.
- Debug and modify programs and set-up.
- Remove, regrind, and replace tooling as needed.
- Diagnose machine troubles and make mechanical adjustments and minor repairs.
- Perform required daily maintenance.
- Have a full understanding of machine language and controls.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- 5+ years of experience programming/setting up Swiss-style CNC Machines.
- Knowledge of various materials and differences between each.
- Possess strong mathematical abilities, verbal/written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use a wide variety of handheld instrumentation to check the quality, such as limit gages, micrometers, calipers, and optical comparators.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and GD&T.
- Ability to produce precision work.
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.