E.J. BASLER Co. in HUNTLEY, IL is looking for Davenport multi-spindle screw machine operators. This position involves running multiple-spindle screw machines with a focus on producing quality parts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Load material on machines.
- Setup Davenport Multi-Spindle Screw Machines
- Understand how to read a work order and properly fill out all information.
- Monitor quality and cycle times of parts being produced.
- Inspect part produced after set-ups using precision measuring tools including micrometers and calipers.
- Ensure parts produced meet standards defined in work orders and blueprints.
- Machine maintenance, such as lubricating and monitoring for signs of unusual conditions.
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and how to measure according to print.
- Learn how to dispose of oils, material, and scrap.
- Verifies the expected cycle time on the Job Order with the actual and takes appropriate action if necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret instructions which may be furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvements leading to cycle time reductions and improved reliability and safety.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated skills in mechanics and mechanical procedures.
- Work in a safe and professional manner, keeping a clean work area and wearing proper protective equipment.
- Cooperation with leadership and co-workers, willing to work as a team.
EJ Basler Co is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.