Engine Assemblers-$17/hr-(M-Th, 5:30AM-4PM)
Car enthusiasts, mechanics, people who like to build things, and the mechanically inclined, Power Solutions International (PSI) would like to talk to you. We design, adapt and assemble engines for a wide range of uses - heavy duty trucks, power generators, wood chippers, school buses, forklifts, and even Zambonis!
As a member of the Assembly team, you report to the Group Lead and get daily assignments from the Team Lead. A typical day involves installing various engine components and accessories to assemble the engines to conform with engineering drawings, standardized work instructions, and quality standards. Do you take pride in your work? Can you provide quality workmanship and still meet production schedules, including product quantity goals, to achieve manufacturing goals.
Our team members are flexible and often learn to assemble engines for a range of applications. For now, the focus will be on engines for on-highway applications. PSI has people-powered production facilities and our applications and assemblies are complex, often including over 1500 components. PSI employees take pride in continuously improving our processes and products using Lean principals, methods, and tools. Since we make engines, experience as a car mechanic or hobbyist - rebuilding and repairing cars, especially work with engines, fuel pumps, and cooling systems, is especially helpful. Our health options are fantastic at an extremely reasonable cost to our employees-BCBS Health Insurance starting at $14.38 a week.
- Assemble or install various engine components according to standardized work instructions or job tracker using Lean elements for continuous improvement.
- Verify product quality based on work instructions and quality check list and follow standard process for reporting defective materials or questionable conditions.
- Examine parts using digital and vernier scale micrometers to measure critical dimensions or observe movement of completed assemblies to detect any deficiencies.
- As needed, lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds of materials to assist in production. Learn and execute team lifts for items over 40 pounds. Adhere to all safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment, navigating the plant with alert behavior, operating power tools and machines according to instructions, and disposing of waste properly.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience including the ability to apply math (fractions, ratios, measurements) and to read, comprehend, and convert instruction manuals/diagrams into work
- Mechanical aptitude or experience in automotive assembly and/or other high-volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to use micrometers, calipers, attribute/variable gauges and hand tools
- Experience using or knowledge of Lean manufacturing and/or ISO9001 methodologies, processes, or tools
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Power Solutions International is an EOE disability/vet company offering a drug free workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.