GF Machining Solutions is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Biel/Bienne (Switzerland). GF Machining Solutions is one of the world’s leading providers of complete solutions to the tool and mold making industry and to manufacturers of precision components.
- Perform the installation of machines and associated products and equipment such as an electrical transformer, chiller, fire extinguisher, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks related to the preventative maintenance program as per the technical documentation.
- Perform corrective maintenance tasks of limited complexity related to the repair of the machines.
- Train the machine operator at the customer site on the basic maintenance tasks associated with the daily maintenance of the equipment.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Accurately complete all reports in a timely manner as per the service department procedures.
- Adhere to the Service Department Code of Conduct Guidelines.
- Maintain daily (at a minimum) contact with the Customer Support Center (CSC) and Regional Service Manager (RSM).
- Complete additional tasks as requested by the Regional Service Manager or Director of Customer Services.
- Experience operating, maintaining, or repairing 5-axis milling machines.
- Associates Degree in mechanical and/or electrical engineering from a University or Technical College; 1-3 years experience in a similar manufacturing or machine tool company; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the use of test equipment and EDM and/or Milling machines machines.
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with Great Plains or similar software program.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- A strong commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and work on ladders and at heights. This position requires the Field Service Engineer to regularly work irregular hours and frequently travel to customer and company locations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel when necessary.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- GF offers comprehensive packages with elements that support proactive health management, generous savings plans and other benefits above typical market offerings.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
- Should you need accommodation in the completion of your application please contact Human Resources at (847)913-5300