857 Industrial Drive
Bensenville, IL 60106
David Galas: 630-860-1016
Field Service Technician Job Description:
Electronics and Mechanical trouble shooting for CNC equipment, Maintenance, analyzing information, Client Relationships, Reporting skills, Quality focus, Some travel. Will train if basics are known. Our field service technician has to perform repair work by traveling to the site. This job is to troubleshoot any problems arising in the equipment. He may be working in an organization specializing in manufacturing technical product or for a group of repairmen. He is responsible for maintaining and repairing all the makes and models of OMCG type of product. The various kinds of equipment repaired by a field service technician include: CNC computer equipment and mechanical systems. He usually has to work independently or under little supervision. He has to meet the needs of the customer and travel to customer locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The various duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by our Field Service Technician are as follows:
- Train customer on programming
- Testing and repairing equipment by traveling to the location of the customer.
- Providing troubleshooting as well as performing installation of equipment.
- Attending to the needs of the customer whenever required.
- Performing the confirmation that the equipment is functional to make customer parts.
- Sometimes you have to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting.
- Providing onsite services for individual as well as organizations.
- Ensuring that the equipment on which they have performed troubleshooting is in proper working condition.
- Ability to manage service calls
- Read electrical schematics
- Work with industrial controllers I/O
- Read part drawings or machine mechanical drawings
Education and Qualifications:
The educational qualifications required for Field Service Technician are:
- Post-secondary education in instrumentation.
- Associate degree or Certification in a related field.
- Associate degree or Certification in heavy equipment repair or computer technology.
- Must have basic knowledge in computers.