Smalley Steel Ring Company is the market leader in the industrial retaining ring and wave/compression spring manufacturing business. Our ingenuity, dedicated associates, engineering expertise, and technical ability are driving our success, holding over 50 years of manufacturing experience supplying the aerospace, automotive, and other industrial markets. We take pride in ourselves, the quality of our innovative products, our focus on continuous improvement, and the service of excellence that we provide to our loyal customers.
Smalley is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we will empower you to push the boundaries of what is possible. We aim to continuously build upon a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion with a continued focus on the human in human capital.
What is in it for you?
From Bags Tournaments to Spirit Days to an Annual Walk for Cancer Awareness, we believe in fostering a fun, collaborative, and diverse work environment that supports one another and our communities.
Teamwork, Integrity, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Empathy, Commitment, Humility, Communication and Quality.
Smalley is currently hiring Machine Set-Up Operators!
- Set-up machine from start to finish
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and address any problems that may occur during the production process
- Utilize measuring tools, hand tools, etc.
- Complete required paperwork
- Follow all safety processes
- 1-year machine set-up experience or 3 years of experience as a machine operator
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Experience with small engines and motors a plus
- Tool & Die experience a plus
- Pass basic mechanical aptitude test
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis
What we offer
Smalley offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 401(k) savings plan with company match; profit sharing, health, dental, vision. Company paid life insurance, STD and LTD; supplemental life insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and 10 company paid holidays.
Smalley is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at: www.smalley.com/careers
*Should you need further assistance to apply to any of our job postings or have any general questions, please contact us at 847-719-5900.