OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION
The primary function of the maintenance position is to maintain, repair and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment. Maintenance is responsible for taking action with any mechanical or electrical duties called upon. Responsibilities vary but mainly include repair on machinery, running electric and airlines, moving machinery and etc. Maintenance strives to perform all repairs in an efficient, safe and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Prioritize different assignments based on how important the problem is and what order tasks should be done in.
- May help with installation with new machinery.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. Take strong caution around the press.
- Help demonstrate and teach newer employees on proper machine usage and correct safety measures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all production equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma
- Previous mechanical and electrical experience in the printing and/or thermoforming industry preferred
- Tow motor experience preferred
We are looking for a mechanic to inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to be in proper working order with the following skills (preferred):
- Is familiar with a voltmeter to check voltages up to 480V and use it to check continuity.
- Is familiar with the wiring and operation of relays, motors, motor contactors, transformers and PLC’s.
- Is familiar with 3 phase power up to 480 volts.
- Has experience with installing and testing electrical circuits and basic wiring.
- Can read a wiring schematic.
- Can test and repair pneumatic systems including pneumatic cylinders and valves.
- Can test and repair hydraulic systems including hydraulic cylinders, pumps and valves.
- Can read a part drawing.
- Can layout and fabricate simple parts using a drill, drill press or manual mill.
1st Shift: 7am - 3pm
2nd Shift: 3pm - 11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm - 7am