MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN ASPHALT PLANT -SIGNING BONUS AVAILABE!
Pay Rate: Probation rate $30.98 after 60 days $31.98
OT: Overtime available
Job Type: Full time
The primary objective of Maintenance Technician is to be responsible for assistant Maintenance Leader in maintaining and improving the equipment withing the Summit Location. Here’s a brief outline of the role.
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety.
- Notify the Maintenance Leader immediately of any accident, near miss or injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Strong in Pipe Fitting
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to Plant Leader
- Knowing and practicing lock/tag/try procedures for all required Plant equipment
- Maintaining and understanding plant piping systems, including water, steam, compressed air, and asphalt systems
- Understanding and use of proper lockout devices for piping systems, including locking of valves, installing blinds and confined vessel entry procedure
- Understanding and using burn-welding safety/hot work permits
- Understanding and practicing line breaking procedures
- Ability to replace and service seals and gaskets, including pump packing
- Skills required to replace valves and valve components
- Understanding the use of basic electrical test equipment. (Voltmeter, clamp on ammeter)
- Performing non-certified welding (Arc/MIG/TIG)
- Troubleshooting and maintaining burner systems
- Troubleshooting and repair for electrical systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment.
- Skills and ability for proper alignment of equipment.
- Forklift Certification and ability required.
- Aerial Lift Certification and ability required.
- Boiler operations & blow down.
- Boiler water chemistry testing.
- Knowledge of Fall Protection procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of Arc Flash Safety and PPE procedures and requirements.
All additional maintenance skills required not specifically listed here.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Operations and Maintenance Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Boilers, Incinerator, Preheaters, Hot Oil system, Tank Burners, Truck Loading/Unloading, Acid System, and Computer Control