An opportunity to join a well-established and growing organization who is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician mechanic position. There are opportunities for wage growth and career advancement. Any relevant steel experience is preferred, but not required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
· Experience working with any of the following: electrical systems, hydraulics, tractor/trailer repair, diesel knowledge, and mechanics
· Responsible for maintenance and repairs for the following (but not limited to)- slitters, stamper, oven, band saw, burn table, sheer, and press break
· Maintaining all production equipment by ensuring the operations of machinery and all equipment is safe and operating as designed.
· P.M.’s on lines, equipment, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, presses, and slitters.
· Perform actions such as cleaning, lubricating, running diagnostic tests, troubleshooting, inspecting and replacing worn parts.
· Dismantling of equipment for repair and reassembly.
· High School Diploma or GED
· 2 years of mechanical schooling, or 4 years on the job experience.
· Experience in reading blueprints and diagrams.
· Strong trouble shooting, communication, and computer skills.
· Knowledge and experience with hand and power tools.
· Crane and forklift experience, along with knowledge of maintaining this equipment.
· Understanding of pneumatic concepts and applications.
UPG Enterprises LLC and its Affiliates is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.