Belden Universal is seeking a machinist for the power transmission industry in Hillside, IL. The position is responsible for setting up and operating Bridgeport mills, manual mills and lathes, and broaching machinery. This is an excellent role for those who want to build a career in advanced manufacturing with a growing company.
Belden Universal offers competitive pay commensurate with experience, benefits package, a 401-K match, 10 paid company holidays and 4 paid personal days per year. Come join us in our newly constructed, air conditioned, clean, and well-organized production facility 12 miles west of downtown Chicago.
Machinist Job Duties:
· Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
· Sets-up Bridgeport mills, manual lathes, and broaching machines by installing and adjusting various types of tools.
· Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
· Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
· Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
· Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
· Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Experience on manual mills, lathes, and broaching machines is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with constantly changing parts, tools, materials, and machine methods
- Conceptual skills
- Process Improvement experience
- Strong Verbal Communication skills
- Functional and Technical Skills