Title: Manufacturing Technician
Reports To: Director of Manufacturing
FLSA Status: Hourly
Position Overview: Working with Manufacturing Engineering, responsible for the design and fabrication of test jigs & fixtures for production processes. Additional responsibilities include short run part fabrication and altering parts per Engineering ECN’s when necessary. The qualified candidate will be highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities, along with strong team orientation and interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performing assigned fixture fabrications & part modification tasks.
- Working knowledge of break presses, shear press, drill press, sanders, grinders & band saws.
- Experience with milling machines and lathes a plus.
- Proficient using measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, drop gages and pin gauges.
- Keeping equipment maintenance logs, as well as maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Performing minor equipment repairs and reporting breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Complying with internal policies and safety protocols.
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least two years' experience as a Manufacturing Technician or related discipline.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Measurement – ability in mathematics and measurement
- Attention to detail and problem-solving techniques.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Working knowledge of computers and office software.
- Maintain and update maintenance logs for equipment.
- Keep equipment in good working order by performing or scheduling regular inspection, cleaning, servicing along with routine and preventative maintenance to make ensure equipment remains in good working order.
- Must possess a “Can-Do” attitude.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and core hours of work are Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duty demand.
Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk, and hear. The use hands to fingers and handle and/or feel; reach with hands and arms. Sitting, standing, and walking, for long periods of time. Occasionally, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.