ECHO Incorporated is an industry leader in developing and manufacturing high-performance, professional-grade, handheld outdoor power equipment. With distributors and thousands of dealers across North and South America, ECHO is constantly anticipating the future of the outdoor power equipment industry and the need for environmental sustainability. Working for ECHO means joining a team of people who are committed to collaboration, innovation, creativity, and high-quality products that make us a globally competitive brand.
For more information please visit our website at www.echo-usa.com
This position will work within Echo’s Tool-Room and will support multiple facets of the organization. This position will report directly to the Superintendent of Tooling/CNC Machining. Extensive knowledge and experience with emergency injection mold repairs, machining fixture repairs, and preventative maintenance on all forms of molds and fixturing is required. A strong aptitude to work independently on a daily basis, while being willing to work in small groups on larger projects is necessary. Must be self-motivated and able to seek out continuous improvement ideas and practices.
Full benefits package – Including medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, short term disability, life insurance, 401k with match, and more.
$5,000 tuition reimbursement per year! – Learn new skills to grow and move up in your career.
Work environment – You will enjoy a safe, clean, bright, air-conditioned atmosphere
Advancement and growth – Move up and earn more on a career path with Wise!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses understanding of various injection mold assemblies and knowledge of all components, steel types, etc. for injection mold maintenance.
- Manufactures components, inspection gauges, fixtures, etc. in compliance with approved drawings, by utilizing any and all available machining equipment.
- Responsible for machining custom components related to automation equipment, end of arm tooling, injection mold tooling, inspection tools, etc.
- Setting up and running CNC machining centers and/or Prototrak NC machining centers.
- Daily use of common tool room equipment such as Bridgeport mills, lathes, surface grinders, welding equipment, band saws, overhead cranes, etc.
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining hot runner and hydraulic valve gate systems
- Maintain and monitor daily 5S housekeeping and safety practices within assigned work space.
- Active Journeyman Tool and Die Making certificate or equivalent work experience
- Specialized mold maintenance, hot runner system maintenance, and other related training
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mold repair, production tool-room atmosphere is required.
- Experience with setting up and running CNC machining centers and/or Prototrak NC machining centers is desired but not necessary. Willingness to learn to operate these machines is highly recommended.
- Experience with hand-fitting injection mold tooling after weld repairs is required. This includes experience and the ability to hand polish up to a 1200 grit finish as necessary.
- Must have experience running all common tool room equipment such as Bridgeport mills, lathes, surface grinders, welding equipment, band saws, overhead cranes, etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining hot runner and hydraulic valve gate systems in desired and will be a necessary skill to enhance in order to support the organization.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced, ever-evolving setting is required.
- Overall good attitude, attendance, and teamwork is required in order to be successful in this position.
- Must own all necessary hand tools required for basic tooling and fixture maintenance/assembly, as well as custom holding devices for various machining applications and hand-fitting requirements. Expensive, “custom to Echo” tooling and machinery will be provided.
- Must be able to analyze and read detailed 2D and 3D drawings that pertain to injection mold tooling, inspection fixtures, assembly fixtures, custom tooling, etc.
- Echo uses Camworks CAD/CAM software, which is a Solidworks driven software.
- Precision TIG welding experience of pre-hard metals is desired.
Must be able to multi-task. There will be many occasions where long-term machining/manufacturing projects will be assigned, but emergency repairs and other quick projects will take precedence as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.