NOW Foods O/F LTL Stocker - 2nd ShiftLocation: Distribution Center (Roselle, IL) Department: OF - Stocking
DescriptionFounded by Elwood Richard in 1968, NOW Foods has grown from a small, family operation to a highly-respected manufacturer of natural health products. Today, NOW Foods manufactures and distributes over 1,400 dietary supplements, natural foods, sports nutrition, and personal care products. NOW’s state of the art manufacturing facilities are GMP-certified, and our quality testing labs are among the best in the industry. The company has over 1,500 employees and its products are sold in more than 60 countries. The company remains family-owned and committed to its original mission: to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
NOW offers a competitive compensation structure and a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision plans from tier one companies, Paid Time Off, 401k match up to $6,500 per year, educational assistance and company-paid disability and life insurance. NOW employees also enjoy a wide array of unique benefits such as company-paid profit sharing, quarterly bonuses, employee discount, wellness program, company-paid Teladoc and Rx’nGo, and much more! Many of our benefits are 100% paid by NOW – this is why NOW Foods has been awarded as one of the “101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for” in Chicago THIRTEEN years in a row, and on the National Level EIGHT years in a row!
To learn more about NOW Foods, visit nowfoods.com, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/nowfoodsofficial, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/NOWFoods or on Instagram at instagram.com/nowfoodsofficial.
Working the 2nd Shift (1:30 PM - 10:00 PM), the O/F LTL Stocker receives and stores finished product, material, and supplies; and compiles stock records in stockroom and warehouse by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Stores products on a daily basis in bins, pallets, shelves, racks or in refrigerator according to identifying information such as product item number, size, or type of product.
- Marks identifying codes, figures, or letters on product, CTNS, out-of-stock boards, etc.
- Makes adjustments or repairs to products or materials carried in stock.
- Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Moves or transports finished product, material or supplies to other departments by utilizing hand jacks, lift carts, etc.
- Performs additional duties as needed, such as assisting Order Fulfillment in picking manual orders.
- Complies with safety and GMP requirements.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
- Supports a culture of safe production and operations; follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Actively participates in the safety program by engaging in training activities to learn what constitutes a safety hazard; reporting safety concerns to the supervisor; submitting safety suggestions; and correcting or reporting to the appropriate people when employee sees a workplace health or safety hazard, until it is resolved.
- Assists with communicating safety information to new employees.
- Fulfills responsibilities as outlined in the company safety management plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One to three years related experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and work with weights, measures and volume.
- Good problem solving abilities.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience with warehousing, stock, and lift truck driving required.
- Basic computer skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit; climb stairs; to reach with hands and arms; to use hands to handle or grasp controls of lift trucks; use feet to depress foot controls of lift trucks; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to access product on floor or low shelves; and to operate a hand truck or forklift with a 24 inch step. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The employee must regularly lift, move (in some cases drag items), slide, raise and/or place:
- Pallets weighing up to 55 lbs. from floor onto one side, move up to 10 feet and return to original position.
- Up to 34 lb. box from shoulder level to 75 inches and then perform transfer of 15 lb. stacking from 6 inches to 60 inches.
- Up to 75 lbs. from 5 inches off the ground up to 46 inches high and return to original position.
- Hold and squeeze to 50 lbs. and then pull one end of the band at a 32-36 inch table and wrap around a box and then unwrap.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to high, precarious places and must tolerate heights up to 30 feet. The employee must tolerate working in cold and heat while in the warehouse and must be able to tolerate working in excessive cold in cooled storage areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of NOW Foods to prohibit discrimination of any type, and to afford equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and prospective employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.