NOW Foods O/F LTL Utility Packer - 3rd ShiftLocation: Distribution Center (Roselle, IL) Department: OF - Order Picking
DescriptionFounded by Elwood Richard in 1968, NOW Foods has grown from a small, family operation to a highly-respected manufacturer of natural health products. Today, NOW Foods manufactures and distributes over 1,400 dietary supplements, natural foods, sports nutrition, and personal care products. NOW’s state of the art manufacturing facilities are GMP-certified, and our quality testing labs are among the best in the industry. The company has over 1,500 employees and its products are sold in more than 60 countries. The company remains family-owned and committed to its original mission: to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
NOW offers a competitive compensation structure and a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision plans from tier one companies, Paid Time Off, 401k match up to $6,500 per year, educational assistance and company-paid disability and life insurance. NOW employees also enjoy a wide array of unique benefits such as company-paid profit sharing, quarterly bonuses, employee discount, wellness program, company-paid Teladoc and Rx’nGo, and much more! Many of our benefits are 100% paid by NOW – this is why NOW Foods has been awarded as one of the “101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for” in Chicago THIRTEEN years in a row, and on the National Level SIX years in a row!
To learn more about NOW Foods, visit nowfoods.com, like us on Facebook at facebook.com/nowfoodsofficial, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/NOWFoods or on Instagram at instagram.com/nowfoodsofficial.
Working the 3rd Shift (9:30 PM-6:00 AM the following day), the O/F LTL Utility Packer prepares items for shipment of customer orders by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Picks customer orders within Pick-to-Lite system, or manually, with the majority of the work being manually picking.
- Assembles cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using appropriate packing material base for bottle type and order size.
- Checks orders, processes orders and monitors inventory of finished goods by utilizing host system.
- Uses hand truck to move shipments from upper mezzanine packing/staging area to shipping dock.
- Complies with safety and GMP requirements.
SAFETY RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
- Supports a culture of safe production and operations; follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Actively participates in the safety program by: engaging in training activities to learn what constitutes a safety hazard; reporting safety concerns to the supervisor, submitting safety suggestions, and correct or report to the appropriate people when you see a workplace health or safety hazard, until it is resolved.
- Assists with communicating safety information to new employees.
- Fulfills responsibilities as outlined in the company safety management plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One to three years related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or walk up, ascend and/or descend stairs; operate a hand truck or forklift with a 24 inch step; use hands to finger, handle, feel and/or use tape dispensing gun; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must regularly lift, move (in some cases drag items), slide, raise and/or place:
- Pallets weighing up to 55 lbs. from floor onto one side, move up to 10 feet and return to original position.
- Up to 34 lb. box fromshoulder level to 75 inches and then perform transfer of 15 lb. stacking from 6 inches to 60 inches.
- Up to 75 lbs. from 5 inches off the ground up to 46 inches high and return to original position.
- Hold and squeeze to 50 lbs. and then pull one end of the band at a 32-36 inch table and wrap around a box and then unwrap.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is the policy of NOW Foods to prohibit discrimination of any type, and to afford equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and prospective employees, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.