Come fly with us and watch your career soar! We provide excellent opportunities to grow your career and earnings from there. Couple that with a very competitive benefit package; a climate controlled/modern/state of the art building; and a winning culture built on the Companies Values, and you have an opportunity to navigate a great career.
Our Aerospace and Defense business is on an upward trajectory, we are rapidly growing, and we have opportunities to add new team members. Are you interested in joining a growing team with a fantastic culture with great pay, outstanding benefits that start on day one, and a $4,000 sign-on bonus? Do you want a career, not just a job? Are you mechanically oriented and like to work with machinery and tools? If this is you, then apply to this role to learn more about how you and our Aerospace and Defense Division can launch your career.
Set up, adjust, and operate CNC or manual grinders to perform a series of grinding operations such as O/D, I/D, boring, and facing on components used for the manufacture of precision mechanical components. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Work from blueprints, process sheets, tooling instructions, and standard charts to identify component/manufacturing specifications, enters data into ERP system.
- Efficiently set up, adjust and operate 2 different grinding machines within department (i.e. CNC, Manual, ID, OD, Centerless and Face).
- Verify conformance of machined work-pieces to specifications using gauges and related measuring devices, set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
- Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation. Will be required to inspect the work of other operators.
- Compute such data as dimensions, rotation speeds, feed rates, and machining times, may be required to operate multiple machines, use hand tools and manual machines as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires the applicant to be a US Person with a US permanent residence. A US Person is a US Citizen or Green card holder.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience and demonstrated proficiency of machine set up and operating precision grinding machines.
- Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Previous experience reading and interpreting blueprints and work instructions in English.
- Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect work pieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity grow, you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Matching 401(k) contribution
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care) & Health Savings Accounts
- Critical illness and Accident Insurance, as well Life Insurance, and an EAP
- Educational Reimbursement