Objective of Position/ Job Summary:
The Production Technician is primarily responsible for working closely with the Production Department to keep machines running. The position is responsible for setting up machines efficiently and to the optimal settings. Additionally, Production Technicians will assist with trouble shooting issues that result in improved efficiency and reduced machine down time. The Production Technician will do so by completing the below mentioned functions of the position.
- Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Respond to down machines as directed by the Work Cell Lead, Foreman, or Production Manager to maintain the highest production in consideration of customer schedules.
- Use company specifications to prepare machines to enter sales orders into production quickly and producing products at the optimal specifications.
- Troubleshoot equipment to keep machines running.
- Respond to operator requests for repairs and equipment needs.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make necessary adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment.
- Change and adjust knives.
- Install and set up punches.
- Assist with suppling materials at machines, time permitting.
- May operate equipment in absence of machine operator during daily breaks.
- Complete and submit work orders to maintenance for repairs on machines.
- Complete and submit work tracking forms to validate production records.
- Assist employees with tipping rolls, loading boxes and other needs with special attention to employees on medical restriction.
Competency or Position Requirements:
- Demonstrate ability to improve machine efficiency and minimize waste.
- Basic Mechanical skills.
- Ability to make general repairs.
- Minor troubleshooting of equipment.
- Ability to read drawings and lay outs.
- Basic electrical standards knowledge.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent program preferred.
- 2-3 years in flexible packaging manufacturing is recommended.
Physical Factors/Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee is required to sit, bend, stoop, twist, use hands and fingers, handle and feel objects and tools and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to focus.