Looking for a full filling role as a Quality Inspector? We are looking for you! If you have quality assurance experience in the manufacturing field come join our team!!
The Quality Inspector will provide coverage of QA Lab responsibilities in support of production. This position will have high visibility with shop floor personnel, focus factory management and engineering functions.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Responsibilities:
- Work Safely and without injury
- Interpret drawings and verify requirements as applicable to production / PPAP parts. Communicate the results to the appropriate people in support of Midland Mfg. production.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing process capabilities
- Recommend and specify instrumentation, calibration and gauging needs.
- Confer with Midland personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Understand and perform to all quality regulations, standards and policies, including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and AAR M-1003. Follow work procedures and ensure highest level of quality.
- May participate in defining strategies to meet quality objectives and in system reviews within the team.
- Participate in team meetings as required (safety, problem solving, etc.).
- Problem-solves individually or as part of a group as job duties require.
- Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled and may be required to work overtime.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in quality inspection.
- Experience running or programming using PCDMIS is preferred.
Desired Characteristics, Competence and Capabilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use calipers, plug & thread gages, micrometers and other measurement devices.
- General knowledge and experience with a CMM and/or CNC programming desired. Ability to learn CMM programming a must
- Willing to offer opinions and direction.
- Knowledgeable in machining processes.
- Results oriented.
- Must be able to convey technical information effectively to other group members.
- Must be a team player and possess active listening skills by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
· While performing the duties of this job, the team member is continuously standing, repetitively grasping and repetitively using fine manipulation with the hands. The team member may be frequently required to walk, bend, squat, or twist as well as repetitively push or pull frequently up to 20 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds.
· This position is performed in an office environment, and as required by job duties, may also require work in a shop environment. Team members in this position may be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, hot temperatures, chemicals and vapors. The team member may occasionally be required to work in an office environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.