At Husky Injection Molding Systems, our success is based on your success. Our ability to keep our customers in the lead is based on building the strongest team possible.
Husky has a strong foundation built on innovation, close customer relationships and a unique culture and values. We are dedicated to offering our customers the highest quality products and services and are looking for people with the inspiration and talent to develop with us as we pursue our ambitious growth strategy. We are a leader in developing state-of-the-art technology and it is this technology base that uniquely positions us to serve customers who seek differentiation through solutions that provide speed, flexibility and maximum productivity. This capability is at the core of our mission and competitive strategy.
Husky offers a wealth of opportunity for personal growth and development. Most importantly, Husky offers an opportunity to work with – and be challenged by – a team of great people. Our success is possible because of the creativity, intelligence and passion of our people around the world and their desire to lead change. At the same time, we are not afraid to expect a lot and strive for leadership in all of our key markets. We are a company taking on new challenges and for the right people this means exceptional career development opportunities, the chance to be part of a team that is the best in the world at what we do and the experience that comes from working in an environment that demands constant transformation and innovation.
Husky is an exciting company with tremendous potential. We have a great team and great expectations. If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, support mutual respect, care about environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you to join the Husky team!
In this role you will support the installation of Refurbishment and Encore products and other activities related to our Aftermarket products (including disassembly, assembly and test/validation). In addition, you will support refurbishment of our installed products (including disassembly, installation of new components and adjustment/leveling and set up to factory specs).
Note: This position requires frequent travel throughout North and South America and includes weekend work (when needed).
- Responsible for the installation and start-up of after market service products such as machine refurbishments & Encore™.
- Resealing of hydraulic seals on clamp and injection units
- Installation of pumps and motors
- Ability to level a machine and a robot, to adjust nozzle concentricity, platen parallelism, and tie-bar stretch
- Troubleshoot and make corrections as required to all control systems; hydraulic system, mechanical system, pneumatic system, electrical and electronic system and the programmable controls.
- Develop the ability to calibrate/fine tune machine to achieve optimum performance.
- Develop an organized approach to solving machine problems by use of all available reference materials including manuals, drawings, procedures, etc.
- Repair and/or replace any component on machine, robot, product handling equipment.
- Develop and maintain superior customer relations, co-ordinate and be a liaison with internal resources to ensure effective customer service, *as well as provide telephone support to customer maintenance staff.
- Provide regular and effective written reports.
- Communicate with Call Center/CSM PEs and Engineering/Jeffersonville Parts Center to resolve problems encountered in the field.
- Dress appropriately and be professional. Be on time for appointments and turn in documentation as required.
- Instruct service technicians and/or customer operators on the maintenance and safe operation of injection molding systems.
- Provide guidance and/or on-the-job training to junior Service Technicians
Preferred Qualifications for this Position Include:
- Mechanically and electrically inclined with a general knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical assembly, ability to use fine calibrated measuring instruments
- Electrical/Mechanical Technologist or demonstrated competency through work experience
- Knowledge and application of Husky injection molding technology
- Knowledge of blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot electrical/electronic, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to troubleshoot problems systematically
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong customer service orientation
- Tact and diplomacy (i.e. must possess the ability to handle difficult/unhappy customers)
- Demonstrated initiative-taker with a positive attitude
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks.
No agency or telephone inquiries please.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).