Power Solutions International, Inc. (PSI) provides integrated turn-key engine and power solutions to leading global original equipment manufacturers in the On-Highway markets as well as continuing support of the existing industrial engine lineup . Our unique in-house design, prototyping, engineering and testing capacities mean we can customize clean, high-performance engines that run on a wide variety of fuels including natural gas, propane, biogas, gasoline, or hybrid systems to meet and exceed applicable environmental standards.
Reporting to the Group Leader, the Team Leader Machining (TL) on 2nd shift directs the day-to-day work activities of Machining Team members focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and the achievement of daily company metrics. In this role, the Team Lead Machining will utilize their knowledge of the manufacturing process and Lean manufacturing principals and judgement to provide proactive troubleshooting of obstacles to efficient production as well as monitoring and reporting on production metrics.
- Train, coach, and lead a Machining Team with a focus on evaluating and improving individual and team performance, ensuring company policies are adhered to, and meeting leadership’s goals using PSI’s IMPACT values (Innovation, Motivation, Passion, Accountability, Communication, Trust).
- Lead daily Team Based problem solving at the shop floor level with a Built-In-Quality focus at the Level 4/5 (BPD) Business Plan Deployment Cube. Facilitate and/or participate in Kaizen Problem Solving Activities, and other team-based problem solving such as Blue Card problem solving, etc.
- Supports the creation and revision of Standardized Work documentation in collaboration with the Core Team Leaders and Industrial Engineering group by implementing and providing training for Standardized Work and updates to the Operator Certification Flex Chart.
- Monitor/verify finished parts conform to engineering drawings and quality standards per the Control Plan. Investigate internal and external quality issues, utilizing a disciplined data driven systems and processes at the shop floor level and take a leadership role in containment activities and implementation of (ICA’s) Initial Corrective Action and PCA’s (Permanent Corrective Actions).
- Perform Process Verification Audits on a daily basis, ensuring the equipment and tools are in proper working order by conducting required inspections per checklist.
- Accurately report production through Epicor transactions and ensure continuous flow of production.
- Act as a Safety Ambassador, ensuring team members understand and adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Lean Coordinator or Manufacturing Engineering to implement continuous improvement and Lean principles or identify & document any project challenges and opportunities.
- As needed, lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds of materials to assist in production. Learn and execute team lifts for items over 40 pounds. Adhere to all safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment, navigating the plant with alert behavior, operating power tools and machines according to instructions, and disposing of waste properly.
- All other duties as assigned by the Group Leader or management.
- Associates Degree in Machining, Manufacturing, Industrial or Technical Mechanical discipline preferred, , may substitute for the degree direct applicable work experience on a year-for-year basis which built competencies and subject matter expertise
- Subject matter knowledge in one or more of the following Lean Manufacturing applications and practices: Kaizen, Business Plan Deployment, Standardized Work Documentation
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) or equivalent certification; may substitute for the certificate direct applicable work experience which built competencies and subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated success in guiding others in a production environment, ideally an automotive or fast-paced manufacturing shop, to effectively use or train others to use the following equipment supporting the Machining group at PSI: CNC Machining, metal fabrication, assembly, micrometers, calipers, attribute/variable gages, hand tools and/or other production equipment
- Strong Computer skills, including Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to create Standardized Work documentation, forms and Visual Standards
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and fellow employees
- Spanish bi-lingual a plus
Power Solutions International is an EOE disability/vet company offering a drug free workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.